Let’s start talking about finding and using essential oil for hair growth. Essential oil is primarily used to hydrate and moisturize your hair, but there is so much more when we talk about the application of the hair oils.
Stay with us as in this article, we are not just talking about the versatility of some most common hair oils, but we are going to show you how to apply these to get incredible results for a very short time.
We researched for you and found out that among the many hair oils that help with hair growth, two are most significant: the coco oil and the lavender oil.
We will also try to answer your questions about the best uses of the hair oil and some of the best ways of how to use them to experience the benefits the best you can!
Use Coconut Oil to Promote Hair Growth
Coconut oil has numerous and extraordinary benefits for health when used in salads, as we all know this, but there are also a lot of beauty benefits that shouldn’t be neglected.
Hence it would be good to know how to use coco oil. Rich in vitamins and minerals, coco oil has unique properties that help with increasing the resistance of the hair, but also its shine and softness. Coco oil can also be used to treat dandruff and hydrate dry hair.
If you go to a shop and check the list of ingredients of shampoos and other hair products, you will notice that coco oil is an ingredient in many of them. Extra virgin, cold-pressed coco oil is rich in antioxidants and is an antibacterial agent. Applied on the hair, coco oil can stimulate hair growth and also helps in the fight against dandruff while giving volume and shine to the hair.
What You Should Consider is This
One of the things that you should take into consideration when choosing store products containing coco oil is that aside from this ingredient, these products might also contain preservatives, colorants, perfume, and other components that might affect the hair and the scalp negatively.
It can happen for some people to find that the chemicals in the hair products are not ideal for sensitive, dry or devitalized hair and they can lead in time to the loss of a good aspect of the hair. This is the reason why more and more people are discovering the benefits of using coco oil at home, trying DIY recipes. Coconut oil can make a great replacement for expensive hair products if you know how to use it for hair growth.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Hair Growth at Home
Coconut oil is rich in nutritive elements that penetrate the hairs. This contributes to the regeneration and growth of new hair. To achieve maximum effects in a minimum amount of time, make sure to avoid external trauma to the hair. This can be excessive heat, wind, pollution. Proper internal hydration is also mandatory if you want to have beautiful hair.
A popular DIY treatment with is the coco oil and rosemary hair mask.
If you are willing to try this mask, you will need:
- Two spoons of coco oil and five drops of rosemary essential oil.
- You can use the mixture on freshly washed hair.
- Apply the mask on wet hair and gently massage the scalp and hair for about ten to twenty minutes.
The scalp massage is essential as it promotes the blood circulation at the level of the scalp. This contributes to the growth of new hair.
While rosemary oil is great for blood circulation, the coconut oil rich in vitamin E restores the structure of the hair and increases resistance.
After at least ten minutes of massage, you can cover the hair with a shower cap or a towel. Let the mask on for another half an hour or more, if possible. The recommendation is to use a warm towel as this might enhance the effectiveness of the mask. The mask can be left on overnight too, but make sure that in the morning, you wash the hair with a gentle shampoo and rinse abundantly with warm water.
What Else Can We Use the Coconut Oil For?
- Keep in mind that coco oil is excellent for tangled hair. You can apply a few drops of coco oil on your fingers. Then gently pass the fingers through the hair while avoiding the roots and the scalp. After this, the hair will be much more natural to comb and style.
- Coco oil is also very efficient to get rid of frizzy hair. After styling the hair in your usual manner, apply a drop of coco oil on the tips of your fingers. Put your fingers through the hair, as you would do with a hair mousse. If your hair misbehaves when the humidity is high, you can carry around with you a small recipient with coco oil. Repeat the procedure as often as necessary.
- Coco oil can be used as sunscreen protection for hair during those torrid summer days, thanks to having Vitamin E. You can apply it to the hair every time you go to the beach or the pool, and you know you won’t be wearing a hat. It will protect the color and the structure of the hair.
- For more flexible curls, you can use a mixture of coco oil and sea salt, or even olive oil. Your hair will become more manageable, and the curls will look very natural.
These tips on how to use coconut oil will help you have beautiful hair without having to buy expensive hair products.
The Many Benefits of the Lavender Oil for the Hair
Just like it is the case with many other essential oils, lavender oil has multiple benefits for health and beauty. While it is widely known for its therapeutic properties in aromatherapy, this oil can be used for cosmetic purposes too. Lavender oil is especially beneficial for the hair.
This oil is excellent for the hair as it can treat different hair issues. Knowing what lavender oil can do for the hair is useful as the treatment with essential oils can be healthier. Also, this could be a more accessible alternative to special shampoo and lotions that contain lots of chemical substances.
Lavender Oil Can Help With Hair Loss and Promote Hair Growth
In some cases, hair loss is associated with stress, depression, or anxiety. If any of these conditions are causing your hair to fall, lavender oil can be an effective treatment and can be used to promote hair growth. The calming effect of this oil is a rather indirect, but still efficient solution for your issue.
At the same time, the lavender oil can help with the regulation of blood circulation in the body. This is inclusively at the level of the scalp, hence it helps to promote hair growth.
While the lavender oil is not overly popular as a hair conditioner, you will notice that many of the hair products that are available on the shelf contain this oil. You can buy this type of product from the supermarket or specialized shops. At the same time, you can add a few drops of lavender oil to your favorite conditioner.
If you are more into the natural approach, you can also try to create an all-natural conditioner at home.
To make a hair conditioner with lavender oil, you will need to:
- Boil a ¼ cup of dry lavender flowers in 2 cups of water.
- Then add a few drops of lavender oil.
- Rinse your hair with this mixture.
- Let it work for about twenty minutes.
- After this rinse again with warm water.
Get Rid of Dandruff With Lavender Oil
If you apply lavender oil to your hair, you will not only achieve a hydration effect, but it is also proper nutrition for the hair. While dandruff is not a severe health issue, it can undoubtedly cause unpleasantries and discomfort. To get rid of dandruff, all you have to do is to use regularly on the hair a combination of lavender oil and olive oil.
To create an anti-dandruff lotion, all you have to do is:
- Combine 15 drops of lavender oil with two teaspoons of olive oil and heat it for a few minutes.
- When the oil is warm, apply it on the scalp.
- Then cover your hair with a shower cap or a towel.
- Let the treatment on for about an hour or so.
- Wash it as you usually do.
Lavender Oil as Natural Treatment Against Lice
Having lice can be terrible, and this is why it is good to know that they can’t stand the smell of lavender. You can use the lavender oil to get rid of the unwelcome guests. It is essential to know that the lavender oil treatment applied on the scalp and hair is just as an effective treatment as the shop bought ones that contain lots of pesticides.
For a DIY treatment against lice, you can:
- Combine ten drops of lavender oil, ten drops of tea tree oil and 100 ml of olive or jojoba oil.
- Mix the oils and apply on the hair and scalp.
- Let it on for two hours, then wash your hair with shampoo.
- Use the special comb to remove the lice eggs and rinse the hair with warm water again.
- Repeat the treatment every other day to make sure you get rid of all the eggs.
Lavender Oil as Treatment of Alopecia in Men
If you don’t consider baldness overly sexy, then you should know that the lavender oil is useful as a treatment and prevention of alopecia in men. This means that you can start using it at the first signs of hair loss, and it will help with the growth of new hair and straighten the existing hair follicles.
An efficient treatment to prevent hair falling in men and women can be created by combining ten drops of lavender oil with five drops of basil oil. Then add ten drops of rosemary oil and 120 ml of jojoba oil. Keep in mind that the oils should be kept in the dark recipient. Use it on both the scalp and the hair. Expect to see results after a few weeks, even months.
Lavender oil is considered one of the most versatile essential oils. It comes associated with so many benefits. However, it is crucial to know how to use lavender oil for hair properly to achieve the benefits everyone is talking about.
Although many essential oils can have tremendous effects on your hair and hair follicles, in this article we covered the two most popular ones – coconut and lavender oil, both great in Vitamin E.
So, which of the offered ideas suits you the best and which one are you going to apply the first? Let us know! We would be glad to hear from you!
5 Reasons to Use Lavender Oil for Your Hair – Healthline
How to Use Lavender for Hair Growth – Hair Buddha
How to Achieve Gorgeous Hair With the Use of Lavender Essential Oil – Visagenics
10 Ways Coco Oil Can Give You the Best-Looking Hair of Your Life – Marie Claire