What Will I Learn?
You are tired and exhausted from spending too much money on your dry skin, on daily and night creams that promise a glowing skin that never appears!
Stay with us in this article as we are going to reveal to you the best oils for face and the most common reasons why you should use coconut oil with its many benefits for the face, but it’s most famous for its hydrating properties.
Trust us! This has helped thousands of people in skin hydration as one of the benefits is very similar to a moisturizing cream.
There are multiple benefits of coconut oil on the face. It is also a natural antimicrobial agent, so it becomes a great ally in the fight against bacteria.
What Coconut Oil Can Do for Your Face and Skin?
1. Protects the Skin from External Factors
We can use it as:
- The bacteria can accumulate at the level of the surface of the skin throughout the day. Some women choose to use coconut oil in homemade masks for the face.
- Others even combine it with their favorite skin cream to intensify its action. But generally, the coconut oil can be used daily, before applying for the hydrating cream or sunscreen protection.
- You will notice how your complexion will get a natural glow that will last all day long. Coconut oil is rich in Vitamin E. This means that your skin will be protected from external factors that could damage it. These factors are pollution and wind, among others. It can also contribute to fight the signs of premature aging.
- Another benefit of the coconut oil is that it can reach the deeper layers of the epidermis, not just the superficial tissue. It can act as an active anti-inflammatory agent in case of excessive sun exposure or mosquito bites.
Also worth reading: Best Natural Sunscreens for Adults and Babies
2. Prevents the Loss of Water
If you are wondering if we should use it on all types of skin, here is the answer!
If you have oily skin, coconut oil is not the ideal skincare routine for you. It might clog the pores. However, for a dry or combination skin, coconut oil could be beneficial due to its hydration properties.
- When applied on clean skin, the coconut oil creates a pellicle on the surface that prevents the loss of water. Eventually, it acts as a barrier.
- This type of oil contains a unique combination of fatty acids, including lauric acid, which is known to penetrate the skin in a manner that is not common for other essential oils.
3. Prevents Aging
Two main types of coconut oil can be used for cosmetic purposes. First, we have the extra virgin coconut oil, and then we have the refined coconut oil.
The extra virgin coconut oil tends to be more abundant in nutrients and antioxidants compared to a refined oil as it has gone through limited processing.
This type of coconut oil is solid at room temperature (under 25 degrees Celsius), which means that it is ideal for dry and combination skin.
Used from ancient times, coconut oil is effective in hydrating the skin, as well as protecting the skin from the damage of the sun, wind, and pollution. Over the last years, coconut oil has seen a tremendous increase in popularity and demand, and now is one of the best oils for the face that you can get anywhere in the world.
- When applied on the face, coconut oil has a slow absorption and penetrated the deeper layers of the skin. The result is smooth and supple skin.
- The anti-aging effect due to the rich contents of lauric acid, an antioxidant that can restore the tissues of the skin and prevent the occurrence of wrinkles.
4. Provides Brighter and Rejuvenated skin
The fatty acids present in the coconut oil help with the fixation of the collagen fibers (an element essential for skin firmness). The coconut oil can be applied directly on the face, gently massaging it into the skin until proper absorption.
The result is a brighter, rejuvenated skin.
The way we use it:
- A favorite DIY coconut oil recipe for the face contains just two ingredients – the coconut oil and baking soda. Both components are efficient in treating blemished skin. Baking soda balances the pH of the skin.
- The coconut oil has healing and cicatrization properties. The coconut oil has a more gentle action, counteracting the effects of the baking soda. This makes the combination safe even for women with sensitive skin.
5. Coconut Oil Makes an Excellent Cleansing Lotion and Treatment for Atopic Dermatitis
To create a natural cleansing lotion that you can use every day, you need to mix different proportions of coconut oil and baking soda, depending on your skin type.
For example, if you have sensitive skin, you should mix 2/3 of coconut oil and 1/3 of baking soda. If you are interested in getting a more exfoliating effect, you can combine the same amount of each ingredient.
The way we use this mask:
- After adding the necessary amounts of coconut oil and baking soda in a suitable recipient, mix them.
- Apply the product on the skin.
- Massage the skin with gentle, circular movements for a few minutes.
- Make sure to avoid the eye area. The combination can also be used as a facial mask.
- You can leave it on for about ten minutes, then rinse with plenty of water.
Other Essential Oils That Are Beneficial for Your Face
From ancient times, natural oils and butter have been used under different forms to maintain beautiful looking skin. Even nowadays, the best oils for face are vital for the skin care routine of so many women, and lots of celebrities swear by them.
- Containing natural extracts from plants, seeds or flowers, the natural oils for face are used to tone the skin, treat acne, reduce the aspect of the wrinkles, but also to hydrate the skin and restore the natural glow.
- Most natural oils applied to the clean skin can stimulate the natural healing and regenerative abilities of the skin while also having antibiotic and antiseptic properties. The right type of oil to use on the face should be chosen depending on your skin type.
While coconut oil is not always indicated for acne-prone skin or oily skin, it can be easily replaced with the grape seeds oil.
Best Use of the Grapeseeds Oil
This oil, rich in fatty acids, is considered by many the real beauty elixir, and it is heavily used in the cosmetic industry nowadays. Grapeseed oil is rich in vitamins E and F, but also copper, selenium, and zinc.
The linoleic acid, the polyphenols and the procyanidins contained in the grapeseed oil are anti-aging agents that are much more efficient than vitamin E and C.
Grape seed oil is also rich in unsaturated and essential fatty acids such as oleic acid, linoleic acid, palmitic and stearic acids.
Grape Seed Oil Improves Your Skin Firmness
With antioxidant, nutritive and hydrating properties, the grape seed oil is quickly absorbed by the skin and leaves no oily traces; So here are the reasons WHY you should use the grape seed oil:
- It can be an excellent natural remedy for acne due to its astringent properties that help with unclogging and minimizing the pores.
- The linoleic acid is a potent anti-inflammatory agent that can speed up the recovery of the wounds left behind by acne.
- Vitamin E improves skin quality by eliminating the free radicals that favorize the occurrence of acne and dry skin;
- A stabilizer for the level of collagen and elastin in the skin – it can restore skin firmness at the level of the face, neck, and bust;
- Good UVA and UVB protection.
Rosa Mosqueta Rose Oil
A noble oil extracted from a delicate flower, the rose oil is ideal for facial skin care. It is one of the ingredients found in anti-wrinkle serums and gels. Rose oil is rich in vitamin A, omega 3, and 6.
Best Use of the Rose Oil
It can prevent the occurrence and reduce the wrinkles and skin blemishes. Due to its content rich in unsaturated fats, this oil is especially recommended for dry, irritated, and mature skin.
The rose oil stimulates the renewal of cells and collagen production. Hence offering a special glow and supple look to the skin of the face.
Wild rose oil also delivers excellent results as a remedy for rosacea. This oil is produced by cold pressing the seeds of the Rosa Mosqueta Chilean wild rose.
Rose Oil Really DOES WONDERS for the Dry and Sensitive Skin
- Rejuvenates the skin;
- Fights the signs of aging that can occur at the level of the face;
- Good results in the treatment of rosacea;
- Suitable for dry and sensitive skin.
To have a beautiful, moisturized, wrinkle-free skin, we can use certain natural oils that have specific benefits for the face.
Just a few minutes of facial massage with the right type of oil can deliver miracles after only a short period. And the cost of these best oils for the face is usually lower.
This is compared to many other cosmetic products that we are tempted to use to achieve similar results.
To have a beautiful, moisturized, wrinkle-free, instead of dry skin, we can use certain natural oils that have specific benefits for the face. Just a few minutes of facial massage with the right type of oil can deliver miracles after only a short period. And the cost of these best oils for the face is usually lower. This is compared to many other cosmetic products that we are tempted to use to achieve similar results.
We hope you liked our article for the best face oils. Let us know in the comments if you use any and what is your experience
The Best Face Oils for Every Single Skin Type – Marie Claire
The Benefits of Coconut Oil for Your Face, According to a Dermatologist – Cosmopolitan
The Natural Beauty Face Oils for your Skin you need to try – Big Green Smile